Create a perfect connection string every time. Connections strings can be easy but once in awhile they are hard. When I have problems with connection strings I use this old udl hack. Here is a super simple way to generate a connection string and test it and save it.
- Create a text file
- Rename the text file to conn.udl
- Open the file by double clicking it
- Now you should see the "Data Link Properties" window
- Populate your preferred options
- Click "OK", the window should close
- Right click the "conn.udl" file and select Open with Notepad
- You should find a perfect working connection string that has all your options
You can specify different providers, credentials, set timeout values, permissions and more.